Calamari in Tomato Sauce
Added January 10, 2013|Category: Sides
- 2 tablespoons Mia’s Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup of your favorite flavor Mia’s Kitchen Pasta Sauce
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 pound squid, body cut into 1 inch pieces and leave heads whole
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
NOTE: Recipe adapted from Mia’s grandmother's cookbook, 'Mangiamo' by Sylvia Sebastiani.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan on medium high heat and sauté onions lightly, seasoning to sate with salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and parsley and sauté for 1 minute. Add pasta sauce and wine. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Then add squid and cook for an additional 12 to 15 minutes. Take care not to overcook or the calamari will become touch. Serve immediately.