Added January 21, 2014|Category: Sauces
- ½ cup Mia’s Kitchen extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ onion
- 4 large tomatoes
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 carrot
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- ½ lbs ground beef
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- 2 tbsp oregano
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Begin cooking sauce at least 2 hours prior to serving. Dice tomatoes, carrot, onions and mushrooms.
- Heat 1/4 olive oil in a large sauce pan and add garlic, basil, onions, mushrooms and carrots. Allow the ingredients to cook for 10 minutes then add the rest of the oil, tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, salt pepper and water.
- Bring to a tumbling boil and partially cover for 45 minutes stirring occasionally every 10-15 minutes.
- After cooking for 45 minutes separate small dime like sizes of beef and add to the pan. Cook for another 30 minutes.
Suggestions: With a strainer remove solid ingredients from the pan and process, adding them back into the mixture once they are blended. This will create a smooth consistency.