Broiled Stuffed Mushrooms
Added March 18, 2015|Category: Main Courses
- 1 pound button mushrooms
- 2 or 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or Mia’s Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- small pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chardonnay or other dry, white wine
NOTE: Recipe adapted from Mia’s grandmother's cookbook, 'Mangiamo' by Sylvia Sebastiani.
- Wash mushrooms and drain well. Remove stems and chop finely.
- Sauté chopped mushroom stems and onions in butter on medium-high heat until cooked.
- Add breadcrumbs, parsley, oregano, salt, freshly cracked black pepper, cayenne, Parmesan and white wine and heat until warm.
- Preheat broiler.
- Brush mushroom caps lightly with butter or oil. Press cooked stuffing into caps, sprinkle with paprika, and heat under broiler until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes, keeping a close eye on them. Remove from oven and serve immediately.