Added July 14, 2016| Serves 6-8| Category: Main Courses
- 3 quarts water (reduce water, if thicker polenta is desired)
- 1½ tablespoons salt
- 3 cups polenta
- ½ stick butter
- Your favorite flavor Mia’s Kitchen Pasta Sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. Teleme or cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
NOTE: Recipe adapted from Mia’s grandmother's cookbook, 'Mangiamo' by Sylvia Sebastiani.
- Bring water to a boil; add salt. Measure polenta into a bowl and add gradually into water. Stir constantly. Turn heat down and continue stirring frequently for 50 minutes.
- Butter a shallow casserole dish and spread half the polenta in the bottom. Put pasta sauce and cheese on top of polenta, then spread another layer of polenta, again topping with sauce and cheese. Slices of Teleme cheese can be used between the layers, if desired.
- Bake in 375°F for 30 minutes. Serve hot.