Added July 14, 2016|Category: Main Courses
- 6 veal marrow bones with their meat, cut into pieces 3 inches long
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup Mia’s Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small carrot, grated
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Pinch of fresh chopped rosemary
- Pinch of fresh chopped sage
- ¼ cup of your favorite flavor Mia’s Kitchen Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup chardonnay, or other dry, white wine
- ½ cup water or stock
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
NOTE: Recipe adapted from Mia’s grandmother's cookbook, 'Mangiamo' by Sylvia Sebastiani.
- In a sauté pan on medium high heat, brown veal in butter and oil, seasoning with salt and pepper. Brown on all sides, then turn pieces upright to hold in marrow.
- Add carrot, celery, onion, garlic, rosemary and sage. Cover pot and simmer 10 minutes.
- Blend pasta sauce with wine and stir into veal.
- Add water or stock and simmer over low heat, adding small amounts of water if necessary to prevent drying. Simmer until meat is tender, about 2 hours.
- Serve over cooked rice or mashed potatoes if desired.