Added Oct 2, 2016|Serves: 8|Category: Main Courses
- 1 – 12 oz. package lasagna noodles
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese (optional)
- ½ lb. mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
- ½ lb. Swiss cheese, grated
- Your favorite flavor Mia’s Kitchen Pasta Sauce
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
NOTE: Recipe adapted from Mia’s grandmother's cookbook, 'Mangiamo' by Sylvia Sebastiani.
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling, salted water, adding a ew drops of olive oil to the water. Cook as directed on package and drain immediately. Immerse noodles in cold water.
- In a greased, shallow casserole dish, arrange a layer of noodles. Spread a layer of ricotta over the noodles, then a layer of pasta sauce, then mozzarella cheese, then a sprinkle of Swiss cheese. Repeat layers in this order until all ingredients are used, ending with a layer or sauce and a sprinkling of grated Parmesan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes until hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand about 15 minutes. Serve hot.