Added Jun 28, 2014|Serves: 8|Category: Main Courses
- 1 – 8oz. package cannelloni
- your favorite flavor Mia’s Kitchen Pasta Sauce Meat filling:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Mia’s Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1½ pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ lb. mozzarella cheese, diced
- ¼ lb. Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ⅔ cup milk
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
NOTE: Recipe adapted from Mia’s grandmother's cookbook, 'Mangiamo' by Sylvia Sebastiani.
- Place up to 8 cannelloni in 6 quarts boiling salted water. Cook for 5 minutes only. Remove carefully with a strainer spoon. Run cold water over shells until cook enough to handle.
- Make the filling by first sautéing onion in oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground meet and season with salt and pepper. When well browned remove from heat and let cool. Mix in parsley, eggs, cheeses, breadcrumbs, and milk.
- Fill cannelloni, with a butter knife; then refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to bake, cover bottom of a baking with pasta sauce. Lay cannelloni in the baking dish, side by side and cover with more pasta sauce. Cover dish with aluminum foil, crimping edges to seal.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and back another 10 minutes. Serve hot.