Mini Kobe Bleu Cheese Burgers
Added June 23, 2014|Makes 8 mini burgers|Category: Main Courses
- 1 tbsp Mia’s Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Mia’s Kitchen Balsamic Reduction
- 25 cipollini onions, finely minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 red onion
- 1 lb. ground kobe beef
- 2 oz. bleu cheese, crumbled
- 8 mini potato rolls
- Blanch cipollini onions for 2 minutes in water in order to easily peel them. Drain onions and remove the skins and roots.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat and sauté the cipollini onions until they begin to soften and turn translucent. Deglaze the pan with balsamic reduction and reduce until the liquid is almost all gone. Set aside briefly.
- Heat grill. In a mixing bowl combine egg and onion and stir in beef, while mixing. Add bleu cheese and mix just enough to uniformly distribute without breaking up the cheese too much. Form into 8 small patties, about 2 ounces each.
- Grill on both sides, transfer to potato rolls and garnish with onions.
Cooking Suggestion: Butter the rolls and toast faced down briefly before serving.