Balsamic Glazed Grilled Plums with Vanilla Ice Cream
Added October 25, 2015|Category: Dessert
- Mia’s Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- 1½ cup Mia’s Kitchen Balsamic Reduction
- 4 ripe plums, California red or dark skinned, halved and pitted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 pint vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat a grill pan to high heat. Drizzle fruit with oil to keep it from sticking and grill plums 3 minutes on each side.
- While fruit is grilling, pour balsamic reduction into a microwave container with sugar, vanilla and orange juice. Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Place hot, grilled fruit on dessert plates. Drizzle the balsamic glaze over fruit and serve. This is my go-to recipe. This is great on any fruit. I especially like it on peaches.