- 1 – 12 ounce package lasagna noodles
- 1 pound ricotta cheese (optional)
- ½ pound mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
- ½ pound Swiss cheese, grated
- Your favorite flavor mia’s kitchen Pasta Sauce
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook lasagna noodles in boiling, salted water, adding a ew drops of olive oil to the water. Cook as directed on package and drain immediately. Immerse noodles in cold water. In a greased, shallow casserole dish, arrange a layer of noodles. Spread a layer of ricotta over the noodles, then a layer of pasta sauce, then mozzarella cheese, then a sprinkle of Swiss cheese. Repeat layers in this order until all ingredients are used, ending with a layer or sauce and a sprinkling of grated Parmesan. Bake for about 50 minutes until hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand about 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Adapted from Mia’s grandmothers cookbook, Mangiamo by Sylvia Sebastiani.