Added July 14, 2016 | Serves: 4 | Category: Appetizers
- 4 medium bell peppers
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 ½ cups cooked meat, ground
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces of your favorite flavor Mia’s Kitchen Pasta Sauce
- ½ cup red wine
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
NOTE: Recipe adapted from Mia’s grandmother's cookbook, 'Mangiamo' by Sylvia Sebastiani.
- Cut stems, remove seeds and veins from bell peppers. Cook in rapidly boiling salted water, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Remove and turn upside down to drain well.
- Sauté onion lightly in butter over medium heat. Add rice, meat and cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and stuff mixture into peppers. Place in a deep casserole and surround with sauce and wine. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F degrees, basting bell peppers occasionally.
- Spoon sauce over bell peppers before serving.