Prosciutto, Gorgonzola Cheese & a Balsamic Reduction
Added June 23, 2014| Category: Appetizers
- 2 tbsp Mia’s Kitchen Balsamic Reduction
- 1 loaf walnut bread, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices and then cut into bite size squares
- 2 tablespoons Mia’s Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for brushing bread
- 1 pear, peeled, cored, cut into 1/4’s and then sliced into ?-inch slices
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 4 tbsp gorgonzola cheese
- salt and pepper top taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- Slice the walnut bread into inch slices. Place the bread on a cookie sheet, brush with olive oil and bake until lightly golden brown.
- In a sauté pan on medium heat, sauté the pears in olive oil for 1 minute just to soften them. Season the pears with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To plate, place a piece of prosciutto on the walnut toasts, then a small piece of cheese, top with pear and then drizzle the Mia’s Kitchen Balsamic Reduction over the top.